Visa Information

Visa Information

The World Stroke Organization and the Canadian Stroke Consortium look forward to hosting you in October 2023 for the 15th World Stroke Congress!

Do I Need a Visa?

Most people need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada – not both. Some people may only need their valid passport. Answer a few questions on the official website of the Canadian Government to see what’s right for you.

Learn more

Visa Process

WSC can provide a letter stating your intent to attend the World Stroke Congress, which may assist you in obtaining your travel visa. Attendees may request a visa letter using the link during the registration process. Attendees must register and pay in full prior to requesting a visa letter. Visa letters are not available to attendees who are not paid in full or who have cancelled their registration.

The WSC 2023 Toronto World Stroke Congress is a registered event with the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Events registered with IRCC are issued a unique special event code to help track and monitor visa processing. Applicants should tag their applications with the event’s special event code, which can be found in the letter of invitation provided by the event organizer.

Please note that Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa – TRV) applications are considered on a case-by-case basis based on the information presented by the applicant.

The onus is on the applicant to demonstrate they meet the requirements for a TRV.

While a special event code has been assigned to your event, it does not offer any advantage to the applicant, in terms of a positive visa outcome.

The applicant must meet all the eligibility criteria in order to receive a visa.

If you need another copy of your registration confirmation email, please contact our registration team at

If you are unable to receive a visa to leave your country or are unable to enter Canada, contact us regarding a refund.

Please be aware that visa appointments at your local/regional Canadian Embassy or Consulate could take a significant amount of time to secure, so make sure to plan well ahead.

For more information about obtaining a visa, please visit the official website of the Government of Canada here

Visa-exempt (eTA eligible) travellers need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to board their flight to Canada. However, these travellers do not need an eTA if entering by land or sea – for instance driving from the U.S. or coming by bus, train, or boat, including cruise ship.

For more information about how to apply for the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) click here

Register now LinkedIn Twitter Youtube